Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We Survived Our 1st Night w/ Two Infants!!

Since their feedings didn't end up coinciding, we thought it might be easier if we each "tackle" a baby so we could get some sleep. So Jeff stayed with Siena upstairs & I stayed with Sara down. Didn't quite work out as great as we thought. haha Jeff barely slept cuz the entire night he was scared the monitor might go off. I didn't sleep well cuz I had a very fussy Sara. We learned yesterday that we've been feeding the little Piglet way too fast so it was making her tummy upset. Ever since we slowed her down, she seems to be doing much better. Knock on wood.

Grandma & I took them to their Pediatrician today. Boy, what an adventure!!! It took us about 40 minutes just to get us all packed up & in the car! lol And then we got there & I realized I forgot all Siena's paperwork I was suppose to bring the Dr. (Yes, I still have "baby brain".) Dr. said they're both doing great and doesn't need to see them again for 6 weeks. Yeah!

Siena finally hit the 5 pounder club!! And Sara??? She gained 10 oz. in 1 week & is 5 lbs. 10 oz. :O Fortunately, Siena's monitor has not gone off yet and we're praying it won't. It's definately a little sad to see her w/ wires attached to her @ all times & having to carry around this monitor bag, but at least it's temporary. They'll look at the computer chip in 6 weeks & determine if she's had any true episodes & is she needs to continue to be on it for another 6 weeks. Pray she doesn't!!!! I'd love for this to be over by the end of June.

By the time my Mom left, I was exhausted!! I tried to nap with them but one started crying, then both. This is now my life..... But I love it. :)

1 comment:

Just the Sous Chef said...

WooHoo to surviving your first night! So glad you u got a pic in front of your sign. I meant to tell you how cute it was when I dropped off the clothes last week! Sara is growing so fast! Yeah! And so happy to hear Siena's monitor hasn't gone off. Lots of prayers for lots of sleep! xxoo Update about the night nurse when you get a chance, you should be well rested now, right?! j/k LOL!!!