Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm 2 Years Cancer-Free Today!!!!

Wow. When I think about it, it's crazy. If I hadn't been trying to have a baby, who knows if I would have found out I had cancer?! At times, there's definately blessings hidden within sadness.

Lord help us! They're already gossiping! lol

Joan, the Night Nanny/Nurse, was great. Very personable, friendly, had great advice & she loved the girls. She told us to get upstairs, not to worry & get some well needed rest. This morn she said they did really well. Siena's alarm did go off briefly (we must have been sleeping like rocks cuz we didn't even hear it!!!!) but she said she was fine. Could have just been a false alarm. She left when Jeff got us @ 6:30 & I took over. I did have a mini-meltdown about 11, then again after Mom left. It's A LOT of work taking care of 2 babies. I keep repeating that it will get easier & a little cry once in a while is normal. Thank God for Grandma. Without her coming over every day, i don't know how I'd do it!! Right after G-ma left, another alarm went off. Fortunately, I was holding her @ the time so I knew she was okay, but still a little scary. We are not looking forward to the middle of the night alarms!!

Kyrstyn, you are my HERO!!!! Taking care of twins by yourself, what- 75% of the time? I think of you constantly & soooo wish you lived closer. ;)

The Little Peanut

3 comments:

Kyrstyn said...

You are so sweet! And YES, IT DOES GET EASIER!! I wish I lived closer too. I can't wait to meet them. You guys are doing a great job! They are adorable! YAY for 2 years being cancer free!!

Mom said...

I'm SO happy for you reaching the 2 yr. cancer-free mark!
I can understand the meltdowns - They are a LOT of work! I look at you look at them, and my heart just melts.

bevhaukaas said...

Those little girls are so cute! One of Sam's favorite activities is looking on the computer at pictures of babies..so we look at your blog and he loves all of the baby pictures. He is quite excited that there are two! You are a supermom! Keep it up it will get easier.