Saturday, May 24, 2008

DATE NIGHT!!

I love the weekends. Jeff's home & we both get to take care of the girls and take turns in each doing something solo. Typically for me? A nap. Jeff? A workout. So happy I'm not "allowed" to work out for another 2+ weeks. :)

We had a few helpers today. Lucky us. Scott & the boys came over to watch the girls while we took a much needed nap. As always, Jake was so sweet with them. Siena had just spit up so he was rubbing her belly & with Sara, he just layed next to her & kept patting her head. Josh lost interest after a while & told us he was "really ready to go home". lol
After they left, Mom & Dad came over so we could have our Date Night. We decided against Laguna due to weather (and the fact that my favorite restaurant, Cabana, closed. :( ) Ended up going to the Spectrum (yes, we're crazy for going on a Sat. over Memorial Wknd.) and went to PF Changs. I had a very-much-missed Mojito & we had a great dinner. (I have to admit we talked about the girls most of the time- we missed them!) After dinner, we went to Bacchus Wine Bar & had a couple glasses of wine & listened to a great 3-Man Blues Band. Thanks Mom & Dad for some much needed time alone!!

I don't want to jinx anything but Sara has slept really well the past few nights. Ironically, Siena's been very whiney starting about 5-6am. I swear they're already plotting against us! LOL

4 comments:

Kyrstyn said...

Yay for Date Night!! Sounds like you guys had a great night, and yes definitely well deserved. Im glad the nights have been going better with the girls, I hope it continues!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try again to comment.
G-ma and I love reading about your adventures with the babes, Kristin.
They are growing as we speak and adorable to boot. Yes,Siena and G-pa have the same hairline. The nite out was great. I-ll drink to that. Sounds like your drs. are keeping good tabs on you. Sorry you have to go thru it.
Love, Aunt Audie

Just the Sous Chef said...

Yeah, you two look GREAT! Would never guess you had been up all night and day with newborn twins! LOVED seeing the girls yesterday. XXOO from T & E!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing great and look great...! So glad you had a special night out...
xoxo M