Thursday, January 8, 2009

Its a New Year and a Very Happy One At That!!

I'm so grateful for the year 2008. Despite how scary it started- only being 20 weeks pregnant, 4 trips to the hospital & 14 weeks of bedrest, every minute was worth it cuz our girls are now with us, happy & healthy. And now, 2009? We've got 2 crawling healthy babies that have brightened my world. :-0 I knew this day would come, but it feels like it came so fast. Sara started crawling the week before X-Mas. Fortunately, she didn't realize just how far she could go & would only go a couple feet, then sit back up. I was so happy we didn't have to worry about the X-Mas tree & presents. Now? It's a different story. She wants to go everywhere!! (Who can blame her, huh?) And to top it off, Siena is now army-crawling & w/in days, can scoot all over the place. We're in the process of baby-proofing the living room & it's been a huge pain. It's a very small room & oddly shaped. We even moved our coffee table into the garage to give them more room. So, I've ordered what we need, but in the meantime, I'm having to chase them all over. They've got a ton of toys to play with, but of course they want everything they're not suppose to have! lol It's so fun watching them learn new things, although I find myself so sad at how fast they're growing. They're finally in 9 month clothes & I cried a little when I packed up all the 6 month stuff.

Other good news is that Siena is doing great at Physical Therapy & may only have to go 2 more times. We'll see how she's doing at her appt. next week, but I'm SO proud of her & how far she's come. My frail little 4 lb. 4 oz'r w/ a heart monitor is now a chubby, very smiley (and whiney! lol) crawler!! :-)

Here's the girls whoopin it up New Years style. (Siena was not happy Sara got the champagne!)

So she took it from her!!


Siena- Daddy was not happy about this bit of exibitionism. haha


Sara trying to pull up on everything. She even got herself into the splits & couldn't get out of them!

Here's a couple videos to document their new milestones. Wishing all of you a very happy & healthy New Year.



Sara

I'm having trouble uploading Siena crawling so I threw in a funny one for now. ;-) (It's only the beginning!!)

3 comments:

Mom said...

It really is sad how fast the girls are growing, and yet wonderful also. Siena is doing so great, and Brutus is..... well she's busy Brutus. I love the videos. Happy 2009! It's going to be great - I know it.

Just the Sous Chef said...

Happy 2009!! Looks like the girls celebrated just like I like - with a bottle of champagne, LOL!!! I love the video of the two of them going after the same toy, you are right, just the start. :-) CUTE! xxoo

Diana said...

I love the video of them fighting for the toy...so cute!