Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to You (& you & you & you!)

Lots of b-days this week. Yesterday we went to 2 parties- 1 yr. olds & a 60 yr. old! lol We first went to Kylee & Kaylyn's. I can't believe I met their Mom, Kyrstyn, on-line when they were only 3 months old & they're already one! I'm so lucky to have such a great friend who knows exactly what I'm going through (before I even go through it)! haha

How Sara spent 1/2 the party. She was sooo cranky (it was embarrasing) so we put her down & she crashed. (Do you think the bear is mocking the way she's sleeping? lol)

Next we went to our cousins & met my bro & parents there too. Jim (the birthday "boy") is my Mom's 1st cousin & we grew up doing lots of things together. Although they really don't live very far, I rarely get to see my cousins & was sooooo happy to be with them. Here we are, all together. :-)

The girls got to try their 1st "food" last week. We gave them rice cereal- it's amazing that they have to figure out how to move it around on their tongues & swallow it. Since Siena's such a little porker (meant with love! ;-) ), we thought she'd goggle it right up, but she couldn't quite figure out what to do with it. It just sat on her tongue & was all over her face (as you can see below.) We've been practicing daily & she seems to be figuring it out. Sara, on the other hand, got it right away & appears to enjoy it. She's constantly trying to grab the spoon from me & keeps opening her mouth for more. I can't wait to try some REAL food later this week- carrots, sweet potatoes & squash! :-) (They'd better be better eaters than their father!!!) Speaking of their Daddy, it's his birthday Wednesday. More to come then........

2 comments:

Just the Sous Chef said...

What a fun-filled weekend! I am sure they will be great eaters ... once they get to try something good. Have you ever tried rice cereal? Blah!? :) LOVE the bib! It was so fun seeing you girls yesterday and so happy I got to hold them too (I never seem to get to hold them so it was a special treat!). xxoo

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your fun weekend... the girls are growing up so fast and are cute as buttons...Every stage brings another joy... enjoy every minute!
xoxo Michelle & The Wood boys! xo