Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"They're Suppose to Double Their Birthweight???"

That's what I asked after the nurse told me that Siena had TRIPLED hers in 4 months!! lol In 6 weeks, my little peanut went from 11 lbs. 14 oz. to 14 lbs. 14 oz. The nurse said gaining about 1 1/2 lbs. is average, but 3 just means she's doing very well. Mom & I had to laugh @ that one. Sara went from 11 lbs. 13 oz. to 14 lbs. 3 oz. Sara was NOT happy at all during this appt. She was extremely tired & screamed through the whole thing. It didn't help when she then got 3 shots either. This girl has quite the set of lungs! I'm so happy they're both doing so well.

Here's some cute pics from after their bath the other night. Our dear friends, The K's, got them these adorable monogramed towels.

Siena- my new favorite pic

Sara (about as happy she was today) ;-)

So, our 1st vacation together in almost 2 years (of more than 2 days) is 2 weeks from Thurs. & we're not quite sure where we're going yet!! We're suppose to go to Miami for 1 night & Key West for 3, but knew when we planned it that it was during hurricane season. Fortunately, Ike just missed Key West, but who knows what's comin?! We've got a few alternate plans in mind just in case, but for a meticulous planner like me, it's driving me crazy not knowing where we're going! lol My parents are sweet enough (and brave enough!) to watch the girls for 5 days. Although I'm sure we'll miss them like crazy, I can't wait to go lay on a beach somewhere & drink Mojitos!!! :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for a Great Appointment!! They are getting so big!! I love the bath pics!! I can't wait to find out where your going on your trip (I'm sure you want to know to!).

Just the Sous Chef said...

TRIPLE?! WTG girls!!! Can't wait to find out where you are going ... any chance you want to come to Germany?! ;-) xxoo

Anonymous said...

They are just beautiful.. and I love all the updates.. we had so much fun with you today.. the boys adore you and the girls so much! xoxo Michelle & boys

KGplus3 said...

Are you kidding, T?! We'd LOVE to go to Germany!!! Especially in October- so fun! Sooo excited for you guys. Only 5 more days.... XOXO

Anonymous said...

To read your unfolding lives is particularly wonderful when you used to read bedtime stories to the author mother. Being proud of Kristin as a daughter and wife was significant. Then to have her and Jeff dramatically change your life with TWO adorable babies is an incredible bonus to a person who already felt fulfilled.
Sara and Siena will add in unknown ways, so that I am anxious for the future. Her mother and I will get a five day opportunity to prove such. You readers out there; say a little prayer for grandpa! Love, G-pa

Just the Sous Chef said...

Cute Cute Cute, LOVE the new look and happy blah blah blogging! I love hearing your ramblings! xxoo