Thursday, September 18, 2008

Florida, Here We Come???

So, Jeff & I were totally spontaneous yesterday & changed our vacation. This was after we saw that there were no storms "brewin". We both love cruises. I found one on-line that leaves out of Miami Friday am & goes to 2 different islands in the Bahamas. We weighed our options- $$, not going back to Key West (we've been wanting to since our honeymoon), etc.... Of course the cruise won! Plus, we're still able to have 1 night in Miami. :-) So, Sat. am we booked it. Unfortunately, Saturday afternoon we saw that there now IS a storm out there & we're scared. We're keepin a close eye on it & PRAYING it doesn't turn into a hurricane & ruin our vacation. Wish us luck!!

So, I thought I'd post our new "favorite things":

Jeff- Football season started. And even better? The girls watch with him. (Well, they've discovered the tv is mesmerizing & I think love all the bright colors! And since he'll never have a son, this makes him very happy.)

Me- my FREE weekly hour massages. :-) I've had a lot of back pain since January. Carrying twins & 3 1/2 months of bedrest did some damage. Now, carrying two 15 lb. weights around doesn't help. (BTW, it's free cuz I hit all of my deductibles & the massages are included with my Chiropractor appts! How great is that?!)

Sara- her feet & thumb. She discovered her feet a couple weeks ago & any chance she gets, is playing with them. She also squeels a lot, "talks" & smacks her lips. And the best discovery? Her thumb- she's been sucking on it quite a bit. It's the beginning of "self-soothing" & we LOVE that!! :-)

Siena- her fingers & mouth. She, too, keep smacking her lips & loves putting her fingers in her mouth. Unfortunatelty, she hasn't mastered it & it definitely doesn't sooth her yet. That'll be nice when that happens, cuz my once mellow little peanut has become quite the whiner! lol

As always, here's a couple pics:

We went for a walk this am for the 1st time in their Baby Bjorns. Unfortunately, it'll also be the last- it hurt my back way too much! :-(

Siena quickly outgrowing her bassinet.

Sara- Auntie Janet came over the other night & I just had to try on the hats she knitted the girls when I was pregnant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to read this since we don't have much time to talk when the babies are center stage. The pix of the women reminded me of how beautiful you all were in high school and presently are. I too have difficulty grasping the double decade passage, that is until I look in the mirror! Still it is a rteminder to enjoy today. It reminds me of a quote I read last month; "today is the tomorrow I was so worried about yesterday". Good advice. Don't sweat the weather. Love, DaD

Kyrstyn said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for you guys!! I lOVE the pic of Sara in here hat!! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!