Monday, August 25, 2008

20 Years Gone By???

This past week has been such a whirlwind! I'm gonna make this one as quick as possible cuz I'm exhausted & haven't posted in a week. First off, last Thurs. night one of my favorite bands, Standing Hawthorn, performed a reunion performance in honor of the Class of '88. These are guys that graduated the year before us & I used to go see them A LOT during college. Some of the funnest times of my life. I was soooo excited for this night & it did not dissapoint in the slightest. Sooo many people were there- close friends, old friends, etc... Despite is being ridiculously hot & loud, everyone had a GREAT time! Jeff even had fun & he didn't know too many people. Tons of funny stories I don't think I'll ever forget. Far too many pics to post so here's a couple fav's:

I love my friends!!!!

We were serious "groupies" dancing to every song!

"Enerrggyyyy Guide"

Friday night a few of the girls & I got togther to drink wine, reminisce while looking thru old yearbooks & gossip. So much fun. (Did I forget to mention how difficult it was to take care of 2 babies today after getting home @ 2:30am?! And now a sleepover?? Ugh. I'm too old for this...)

Saturday night was my 20 Year Reunion. (Which I still cannot wrap my brain around.) A big group of us met @ BeachFire beforehand for drinks, then off to the reunion. It was a fantastic night. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to see eachother & it was so nice to catch up & get reacquainted. After closing down the Country Club @ about 1am, we then went to some classmates' after-party. About 60 people showed up & the party lasted til after 3. I can honestly say it was an incredible weekend. I'm still smiling. Here's a few pics (again, so many, so don't be offended if you're not in them. ;-) )

I have to give a HUGE thanks to my parents for watching the girls for TWO overnights. I love you both soooo much!!!!

2 comments:

Just the Sous Chef said...

Looks and sounds like you all had a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sooo fun.. love all the pics .. I love you friend.. You mean the world to me and I am so glad we are so close ! I just adore Jeff and the girls too!
I am crossing my fingers on the NYC trip too xoxox Mich