Saturday, February 28, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow


Last weekend, we had our first family vacation since 1986!!! I don't know why it's been so long, but glad that we finally went away as a family. My parents, Scott, the boys & us took Friday off & headed up to Lake Arrowhead. This was only the girls 2nd roadtrip & they were sooo good. When we arrived, what a sight we saw! My Mom in jeans & work boots (which I can't recall ever seeing! haha) and my Dad working their tails off to make a pathway through about 3 feet of snow to the cabin's front door. Boy, did we show up at the right time-they had just finished! lol Soon after we all got there, we grabbed the saucers & took the boys sledding out our back door. They'd never been to the snow before so it was exciting for all.


Josh and Jake


My little snow bunnies & me. (Cute hats made by Auntie Janet while I was prego)


The girls loved looking out the window. Love this pic.

We made a great dinner that night- Mom brought her famous lasagna, which Jeff actually shared w/ everyone! I also re-created Creme Brulee martini's that I had had at Opah & they were fabulous. After we put the girls to bed, the boys watched a movie, while we had our usual card playing fun.

Mmmm....

46 years and counting....


On Saturday, we had more fun sledding & then went downtown. It's so great down there. Lots of little stores, outlets, the gorgeous lake, etc....

Love this pic despite the parking lot in the background!!

I wish Mom & the kids were also in this.

As always, Jake was lovin on his cousins.

Sara was not too fond of her snowsuit but they looked adorable!!


Saturday night we ordered in Chinese food, played more cards, Tripoly & even watched a movie. We all have such a great time together, this has got to become an annual trip!

5 comments:

~Sophia & Noah's Mommy~ said...

hey there, my name is Jeana and I have boy/girl twins. I love your blog... found it through kyrstins blog. Anyway, I just wanted to say what lil cuties you have. Mine are 8 months. I just love these pics at the snow. I love having one of each but I have to stay girls rock! :)
Have a great day!

Mom said...

It was a wonderful weekend! We definitely have to make it a yearly happening (minus me in the work boots):) I am so proud of my family, AND we like to have fun together. Not all families can say that!

Kyrstyn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Love all the great pics!

Just the Sous Chef said...

Looks like GREAT fun!!! You definitely need to make it an annual trip (just not always on E's birthday weekend - j/k!). The girls look adorable and I do love the one of them looking out too! xxoo

Anonymous said...

Love these pics.... Annual family trips are wonderful....so special.. we have been doing our PS trip for 22 years now and it is something we all look forward too.. so I say you guys go for it!
Love all the pics.. especially you and the girls in your pretty hats.. You all look great!
love you much! xoxo Michelle & boys