Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm a Proud Mommy!!

Siena had her 6 month developmental evaluation today. Most babies that spend time in the NICU have follow ups to make sure they're developing correctly. She did sooo good! In everything they checked her on, she was between 5 1/2 & 7 month levels. :-) They still want her to continue her Physical Therapy for her neck but she's doing great with that too. She can finally roll over from her back to her belly. The Dr. said this would be hard for her cuz it's more difficult to go from a flat surface to her big round belly! haha I've also been practicing her sitting up & she's getting stronger every day. Less than 2 weeks ago, she would face-plant right away & now she can stay up for a while before she topples over. (Which makes her laugh.) We also met with a nutritionist. The last notes they had said she was only 8 lbs. So, when I nuded her up to put her on the scale, the woman said "Well, I don't think we have to worry about this one!!" lol I also felt very good when I was asked about their diet & she was thrilled that I make their baby food myself. Although it does take some time (much of the little spare time I have), but I'm proud that I can be doing something really good for them. :-) Finally... the Dr's want to see her again in July to follow up again, but said she looked great!
As we've pretty much known since Week 1, Sara is gonna give us a run for our money. This girl is too smart for her own good & she "wants to go places", as her Grandma would say. She's already starting to "scoot"- I put her down in one spot & come back a minute later & she's about 3 feet away. Hence, why we're starting to baby-proof this weekend. ;-)

Not much else to report. Jeff's job is going well (Thank God!) and we've just been laying low & looking forward to the girls' 1st holidays. We'll be going to Jeff's family for T-Giving, but staying here this X-Mas. Can't wait!! Hope you all are doing well!! Much love & thanks for readin! Here's a couple pics
It was FINALLY chilly enough to wear their cute sweatshirts. (Thanks Auntie Kristin!)

I also finally got to put them in Aunt Kimmy's outfits & they were too small. But cute still!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute... I love these pics and the girls.. and their Mommy! So great to see you today.. ! Love you friend!~
xoxo Michelle & boys...

Just the Sous Chef said...

YEAH, sounds like great progress with Siena, so cute that she laughs when she topples over -what a happy girl! And OH MY, with Sara scooting it may be time for safety proofing!!! LOVE all the pix! xxoo

Mom said...

Being back home now, I got to catch up on your blog, and it was truly wonderful! I LOVED the girls in their sweatshirts! Their smiles are what make everything worth it! Grandma loves you!

Kyrstyn said...

I LOVE the pics!! So glad that Siena's appt went so well. Yes you better watch out for Sara...3 ft today and into everything the next...then multiply that times 2!!

Anonymous said...

Kristin; As usual, it is fun to have you fill in the blanks for when I'm not around to see my sweeties getting older. Today was fun as was last night. 6and a half months. Unreal! Love to you and Jeff also. DaD

sharerc said...

Your girls are adorable! They are a day older than mine. They are so much fun at this age!