Sunday, February 17, 2008

What a beautiful day to shower The Girls!!

As I sit here typing, I'm still overwhelmed with emotion. It's an amazing feeling to know that there are SO many people that care so much about myself, my husband and our unborn children.

Lunch from Corner Bakery & Chaparossa Grill was SO good and I know everyone loved it.

My Mom's dear friend MC couldn't believe how many of us were prego. (I heard many comments of "Don't drink the water!" lol)

And then there were the gifts....... Oh my Lord! It looked like it was for a wedding!!! (Despite all the pink!) haha We were spoiled rotten & it was so fun to picture using everything in the near future. I'm gonna have the best dressed kids in OC! :) Towards the end of opening gifts, my sweet hubby, Dad and his longtime friend DC, showed up to celebrate too. (And the girls loved how the men jumped right in and helped clean up!) And my adorable cake was so yummy!! (Although I hated for it to be ruined!)

I have to give a few special shout-outs. To CH for coming down from college in SB, my Mom's dear friends that have always been my cheerleaders and to my SLO friends that drove up from S.D. (I can't believe between the 5 of us, there's going to be 6 new babies to add to our group!!) Also to CL, my sis-in-law, for driving down from B-Field (and endured the long drive with her Dad! lol) to be here for myself and her nieces. Especially thanks to MW, KC, JH, SS, KT, and TK for throwing me such an incredible shower. And my parents for being so incredibly generous to J & I. We can never thank you enough.


My Mom's friends all commented how lucky I am to have so many friends. Despite all the hard times I've had in the past 2 years, I'm far more blessed than not. My family and friends mean the world to me and this special day helped me to KNOW I can get through the next couple months til my sweet girls are safely in my arms....

Thanks to everyone for everything!!

2 comments:

Just the Sous Chef said...

You deserved to have such a beautiful day and I am happy I got to be a part of it!!! xxoo, TK

Mom said...

I still can't believe that one person has THAT MANY friends! It shows how special my daughter truly is! I was so happy to be a part of it!
The girls did SUCH a beautiful job on EVERYTHING! I also LOVED MW's speech at lunch.
The best is yet to come! xo Mom