Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Big Girl Beds Already???

So, this started about 2 weeks ago when Grandma was watching the girls while I was sick. When I went to pick them up, she informed me that after she had put them down for naps & she was eating lunch, she looked up to see them "walking into the living room with what looked like their life's belongings." Lol . She was stunned. They had climbed out of their pack-n-plays & gathered up all of her pillows. After that, there was no way was Sara going back to bed. There was too much to do! We now know who the instigator of the two is.

We were concerned this was going to continue at our house but could tell that their cribs were a lot higher & they couldn't yet climb over. (You get where this is going, don't you?) So, last week I was still sick so I was sleeping downstairs. Jeff woke up @ about 6:30 in the am to Sara standing in the doorway smiling at him. At first he thought I had gotten them up for some reason & then when he looked over the railing & saw me sleeping, he realized that Sara had climbed out of her crib, opened their door & walked in our room!!!! I didn't really believe him when he told me until she did it again 10 minutes later. What's funny as well is that she really hasn't been able to open doors yet either! When Siena tried to copy her that afternoon & fell out of her crib, we knew it was time. Once I knew she was okay, I had to laugh at Sara saying "Sissy... Bop!"

So, it went smoother than we thought. When we heard noice upstairs, we found Sara had pulled every pair of shoes out of the closet, stuffed animals & blankets & thrown them into Siena's crib. Poor thing was still sleeping! Since then, we've moved all toys, locked the closet & things have been going great! I think they loved their beds. It's so sweet but also makes us so sad. Our sweet babies are growing up so fast!!! Here's out little cuties:

Here's a quick video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcE0XLrKdnc

3 comments:

De Graaf & Gravinnen said...

Happy birthday sweet Sara and Siena!!! Hope you got lots of presents :-))
Wow, big girl beds! What a funny story Kristin, hahaha.
Sad to hear you were sick though :-( I hope it wasn't too serious and that you're all better now.
Have a fun weekend!
'Talk' to you soon!
Greetings from Holland :-)

Diana said...

Seriously, that is hilarious. Can't believe they are in big girl beds! Gees, they're going to college before we know it.

Kyrstyn said...

Such Big Girls!!! Glad the transition is going nicely!!