Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cutie Kewpies

Do any of you remember Kewpie dolls? Apparently, they date back to the early 1900's! I think they're adorable. A few weeks ago, my Mom went to visit my dear Grandma & she brought the girls home presents she made for her "Babes". My NINETY year old Grandma crocheted their adorable outfits without even a pattern. She put so much love & hard work into them & they mean to world to me. Eventually the girls will be able to appreciate this as well, but for now, they just want to tear off their hats & shoes & chew on their heads! haha

I had a fabulous birthday week! I was spoiled as always by my friends & family and feel so blessed every day for the people in my life. Plus, a big group of went to to see a Neil Diamond cover band on my bro's b-day & we had a blast. I love being a day apart (+ 364) from my brother. It's so special. Here's a pic us.

We also had our Family Reunion last Saturday & it was so fun. I'm so grateful to my cousin Mike for hosting this great event each year. Here's most of us.
Here's a couple other funny pics. I couldn't find Siena & it was far too quiet. This is where I found her- in my closet. (Don't judge me by our messy closet. haha)

Sara saw a zucchini on the counter & kept pointing to it. I'd cooked them for her before but she didn't like it. I gave it to her anyway & she walked around the house chomping on it raw. Too cute.

3 comments:

Mom said...

That was so special that Grandma dressed those dolls for your girls, because since she never had a doll growing up, they were very special. I'm sure Sara & Siena were the ONLY ones that she would have given them to.
The cuties are looking so big, that it makes me happy and sad at the same time.

Just the Sous Chef said...

The dolls are ADORABLE, and so sweet and special! I LOVE the zuccini pic and story - too cute! And I just adore that big smile Siena has in the doll picture! xxoo

Diana said...

Sienna's sly look in the closet is hilarious!